Lemon and White Chocolate Mousse Parfaits with StrawberriesFrom blackcupcake 5 years ago
- 5 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 2/3 cups chilled heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 3.5-ounce bar high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Perugina), finely chopped shopping list
- 5 cups sliced hulled strawberries (about 2 pounds) shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and salt in medium metal bowl to blend.
- Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk until mixture is very thick and thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F to 170°F, about 6 minutes.
- Remove bowl from over water. Cool lemon mousse base to room temperature.
- Combine 1/4 cup cream and white chocolate in another medium metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water.
- Stir constantly until chocolate is soft and almost melted.
- Remove bowl from over water and stir until white chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Cool white chocolate mousse base to room temperature.
- Beat remaining 2 2/3 cups cream in large bowl until firm peaks form.
- Divide whipped cream between both mousse bases, folding in 1 cup at a time (about 3 cups for each).
- Layer scant 1/4 cup lemon mousse in each of 8 parfait glasses or wineglasses; top with 2 tablespoons strawberries.
- Layer scant 1/4 cup white chocolate mousse over strawberries. Repeat layering 1 more time. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Cover and chill remaining strawberries.
- Spoon strawberries over top of each parfait, if desired, and serve.