Pistachio BaklavaFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 4 cups chopped pistachio nuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 pound phyllo dough shopping list
- 2 cups unsalted butter well melted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rose water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl combine nuts, sugar, cloves and cinnamon then preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter lover low heat then layer 3 sheets dough brushed with butter in square baking pan.
- Trim dough to fit if necessary then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the pistachio mix over dough.
- Layer 3 more sheets dough brushed with butter and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons pistachio mix.
- Continue to layer dough and nut mix until pan is 3/4 full.
- With a sharp knife score dough to form diamonds.
- Pour remaining butter over dough and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour hot syrup over baklava and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make syrup boil 2 cups sugar and 1-1/2 cups water until syrup will coat back of spoon.
- Add honey and boil then cook over medium heat 20 minutes.
- Add rose water and lemon juice then skim foam off syrup and allow to cool.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!