Utah Sharp Cheddar Cheese BiscuitsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter and cheese together then make smooth paste and allow to cool.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add enough milk to make soft dough then roll out 1/4" thick.
- Spread with melted butter then cheese mixture.
- Roll as for jellyroll then cut 1/2" slices and place on buttered cookie sheet.
- Place cut side up and two across pan.
- Crowd them together lengthwise because they spread then bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!