Vegan Apple TartletsFrom diadesigns 6 years ago
- Vegan Pastry Cases: shopping list
- 1/2 cup of vegan spread (Pure, Earth Balance) shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- A splash of wate shopping list
- Tartlet filling: shopping list
- 2 Bramley apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup of white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cinnamon stick or as much cinnamon you like shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the spread into the flour with your hands and when it has mixed well, add enough water to make it into a ball of dough. This can be the tricky part, so please be careful about how much water you use.
- Wrap the dough in some greaseproof paper and stick in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- When you are ready to roll the pastry, take the dough out and bring to room temperature.
- Flour a nice big wooden chopping board or any work surface and roll out the pastry.
- Take a round cookie cuter and make 24 little pastry pieces.
- Place the pastry pieces in a mini tart tin. They are available at most department stores.
- Bake the pastry for 20 minutes or until lightly browned at 200°Celsius (390°Fahrenheit). Let cool for 1 hour and they will turn into nice hard shortcrust pastry cases for your apple tartlet.
- Peel and chop the apples and put into a saucepan (pot) and simmer along with the white and brown sugar, until the apples have softened. Stick in the cinnamon stick or sprinkle in as much cinnamon to your liking. I usually put a lot in because I just love the stuff. :)
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Get the pastry cases ready and with a teaspoon, fill in each case with the apple mixture.
- There should just be enough to make 24 tartlets.
- Once filled, put apple tartlets into the refrigerator overnight to set.
- When ready to eat sprinkle tartlets with sifted icing sugar. This part is optional. I was inspired by the snow outside to use the icing sugar.
- These apple tartlets will fill your mouth with fabulous flavors.
- ©Cooking With Dia
- For more pictures and recipe link see here: http://diadesigns.com/blog12/2009/02/03/dias-apple-tartlet/
People Who Like This Dish 0
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔