Coconut Almond Pound CakeFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups coconut flakes (one 4-ounce can) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups glaze shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two standard loaf pans (9 x 5 x 3-inch).
- 2. Beat shortening and sugar together. Beat in eggs.
- 3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Alternately add flour mixture and the buttermilk to the sugar mixture, stirring vigorously.
- 4. Fold in coconut flakes and coconut extract. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- 5. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Poke many holes on top of each loaf with a toothpick or a bamboo skewer and pour half the glaze on each cake. Cool another 10 minutes and remove from pan to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Makes 1-1/2 cups
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 2. Boil 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- 3. Cool slightly and pour over cakes that have been punctured with a toothpick or skewer.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!