Wild Rice Stuffed Green PeppersFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup long-grain, brown, and wild rice blend shopping list
- 1/3 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme shopping list
- 2 large green peppers, stem ends sliced off shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tomato juice (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter in a large saucepan until tender. Add broth, rice, celery, and carrot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is almost done. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and next 5 ingredients.
- Place peppers in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; stuff with rice mixture. Place peppers in a 1-1/2-quart greased casserole; spoon any extra rice around peppers. Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until tender, basting with tomato juice after 15 minutes if mixture seems dry. When almost done, remove foil, and top with Parmesan; bake 5 more minutes.
- Yield: 2 servings.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!