Gluten-free Ginger Peach PieFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 double pie crust shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- ¼ cup maple crystals or date sugar or granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch/flour shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 5 cups fresh ripe peaches, sliced shopping list
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- ¼ cup maple syrup, for brushing crust shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ginger, maple crystals, tapioca starch/flour, salt, cinnamon and crystallized ginger in a bowl.
- Add sliced peaches and toss until dry ingredients are well dispersed over the peaches. Add vanilla and toss again just to coat.
- Roll out pie crust into two 9 or 10-inch circles, according to instructions. Press bottom crust into pie pan.
- Fill bottom crust with peach mixture and cover with second crust. Crimp edges together and slit top crust in several places for steam to vent.
- Chill pie in the freezer for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until it begins to turn golden. Remove pie from oven and brush crust with maple syrup.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes until pie is golden.
- TIP: Don’t like ginger? This recipe is delicious as a simple peach pie. Just leave out both the ground and crystallized ginger.
- TIP: If fresh peaches aren’t available, substitute an equal amount of any stone fruit or use high-quality frozen fruit instead.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!