Gluten Free Blueberry PieFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 double pie crust shopping list
- 5 cups fresh wild blueberries ******** shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar or organic evaporated cane juice shopping list
- ¼ cup cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice milk, for brushing shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling shopping list
- *********If the wild variety aren't available, substitute standard blueberries or frozen blueberries (no need to thaw) and add up to ¼ cup additional sugar. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt together until combined. Set aside.
- Roll out pie crust into two 9 or 10-inch circles, according to instructions. Press bottom crust into pie pan.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover filling with top pie crust and crimp edges together. Slit top crust in several places for steam to vent. Brush pie crust with rice milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Chill pie in the freezer for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for about 60 minutes. Pie is done when hot blueberry filling is thick and begins to ooze through the vent holes.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!