Crock Pot Apple ButterFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and cut apples into small chips.
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot and stir.
- Cover and cook on low overnight (eight to ten hours).
- Remove cover, stir and taste.
- Add more spices or sugar if desired.
- Continue cooking for a few more hours, uncovered, until some of the liquid has gone and butter has cooked down a bit.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate (unless it is canned properly).
- Serve over hot biscuits, toast, scones, or just eat it out of the jar !
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
What great post today!m2googee in Tomball loved it
We used to go camping at a place in Honeybrook, PA and once a year they had "Apple Butter Weekend" in the fall. It was a big deal to get to use the long paddles to stir the apple goodness that was being simmered in those huge copper kettles over a c...moremadmommy in Wayne loved it
I have been seaeching for a good apple butter recipe that wouldn't have me stirring for hours on end and this one sounds great. thanks for another 5 recipe.bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again856 members
Crock Potslow Cooker200 members
Homemade Condiments And Sauces200 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
An Apple A Day30 members
A Fruity World45 members
Cheap N Easy53 members
Crafty Gift Recipes35 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members