Low-fat Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed MuffinsFrom mokona 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground almonds shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds shopping list
- zest of 1 large lemon shopping list
- 2 cups peeled and finely grated zucchini shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-muffin tray with paper or silicone liners - the recipe states 12 muffins, but I ended up with a few more - so be prepared! :)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and the zucchini.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with a handheld or standing mixer for 3 minutes, resulting in a pale and creamy mixture.
- Add the zucchini/lemon zest mixture, buttermilk, and lemon extract and beat again, until combined.
- Working quickly with a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients until they are mixed in. The key is to not overwork the mixture.
- Spoon even amounts of batter into each muffin liner, filling each liner to the top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookmokona Metro-Detroit, MI
The Rating4 people
Thank you for a great sounding Gluten free muffin... love lemon...and a 'grate' way to use up extra zucchini...I added the recipe to 101 gluten free place..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
love zuchinni and great flavor combo here high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it