london broil with portabella cabernet sauceFrom angeladi 5 years ago
How to make it
- carve all fat from beef and boil in sauce pan for beef broth, set aside
- put london broil in ziploc with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and wine. let stand for 4 hours or over night.
- saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- put in 1 cup wine and simmer until reduced in half. take off heat and add 1 to 2 tbl. flour, add beef broth, stir and turn on low.
- put meat on unheated broiler pan. place pan 5" from heat heat and broil for 4-5 minutes on each side. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- slice meat across grain in very thin slices, top with portabello sauce.
- goes great with sauteed strips of carrots, zuccini and squash.