Chicken StewFrom modmom50 7 years ago
- Approx 2 cups of chicken breasts diced up into bite sized pieces. shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 4 cups diced potatoes, skin on or off as desired shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups carrots shopping list
- 1 cup onion diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic (I double this for our tastes) shopping list
- 1 (15 or so oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 bayleaf shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 ts thyme (italian seasoning works well also) shopping list
- 1/4 cup or less oil ( I use less) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large pot, saute onions for 2 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except chicken, potatoes and carrots
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and chicken.
- Simmer covered until vegetables are done, about 30 minutes.
- Thicken with cornstarch if you like a thicker stew. (I have never needed this )
The Cookmodmom50 Lawrence, KS
The Rating8 people
This sounds very good and very comforting. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Good recipe and italian seasoning does work with this one.. This is a 5windybliss in A Small Town loved it
Love this recipe! I made it without the tomatoes and still turned out great!springmom in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!