Low Fat Peanut Butter PieFrom modmom50 5 years ago
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope plain gelatin shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners (10x) sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (9-inch) prepared low-fat graham-cracker crust shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk milk and gelatin together in medium-size heavy saucepan set over low heat.
- Whisk constantly until mixture boils and gelatin dissolves completely (about 2 minutes).
- Transfer to heatproof bowl and cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and 10X sugar at low mixer speed in large bowl until
- smooth (about 1 minute). Scrape down sides of bowl, add peanut butter and vanilla,
- and beat 1 minute more. Again scrape down sides of bowl.
- With mixer still at low speed, slowly add milk-gelatin mixture and beat until very
- smooth (about 2 minutes.) Don't forget to scrape down sides of bowl at half time.
- Set pie crust in 10-inch pie pan or on small baking sheet (this is to catch any spills),
- then carefully pour in peanut butter filling (it will come right to top of crust).
- Set uncovered in refrigerator and chill several hours until set.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Makes a 9 inch pie: 264 calories, 13 g fat, 17 mg cholesterol and 275 mg sodium.