Tex Mex Chicken and Rice SkilletFrom acemom 5 years ago
- 1 tsp. + 1 T. veg oil, divided shopping list
- 1 can (11-15 oz.) mexican corn shopping list
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 T. taco or southwestern seasoning shopping list
- 2 C. uncooked instant white rice shopping list
- 2 C. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 ½ C. salsa verde shopping list
- 2 T. snipped fresh cilantro (optional) shopping list
- 1 C. shredded mexican cheese blend shopping list
- sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Add 1 tsp. oil to skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 min. or until shimmering. Meanwhile, drain corn; pat dry with paper towels. Add corn to skillet in a single layer. Cook without stirring 5 min. or until caramelized on one side. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- As corn cooks, cut chicken into 1/2” pieces. Combine chicken & seasoning mix. Add chicken to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 5-7 min. or until center of chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet & set aside.
- Add remaining 1 T. oil to skillet. Add rice; stir until well-coated with oil. Add broth & salsa; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover skillet; reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 min. or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, snip cilantro (optional).
- To serve, spoon chicken over rice mix in skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and corn. Cover; let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro (optional).
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired.