How to cook Thai Spring Rolls - Por Piah ThodFrom allthai 4 years ago
- * 8 spring roll sheets (from store bought package) shopping list
- * 2 cups shredded carrots shopping list
- * 2 cups shredded cabbage shopping list
- * 2 cups bean sprouts shopping list
- * 1 cup glass noodles shopping list
- * ¼ tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- * 1 - 2 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- * Sprig of sweet basil for garnish. shopping list
- * 1 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- * 1 egg shopping list
- * 1 -- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the glass noodles in cold water for 15 minutes or until soft, drain and cut into short lengths.
- Heat the cooking oil over low heat, add carrot, cabbage, bean sprout and glass noodles, stir fry for 3 -- 5 minutes.
- Then add the sugar, light soy sauce and ground black pepper, stir until it becomes fairly dry.
- Remove and spread the mixture on a plate to cool for 30 minutes or more.
- Divide the filling into 8 portions; place the filling in the center of the spring roll sheet on a flat surface.
- Start rolling tightly folding the sides in half way through the rolling process.
- Seal the wrapper with beaten egg.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to fry. Heat cooking oil in a wok to medium to high heat.
- Deep fry the spring roll and keep turning them until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Cut each spring roll into 3 pieces and serve hot with plum dipping sauce.
- Using the online You Tube video. You will be taught by Thai Chef Chanrat Karatna, nickname Air, and his staff not only how to cook Thai spring rolls but about the ingredients at his cooking school in Chiang Mai Thailand.