Light Ham Macaroni And CheeseFrom otterpond 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup non-fat milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain, fat free shopping list
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 6 oz honeyBaked ham, diced shopping list
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- ¾ pound macaroni noodles shopping list
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated shopping list
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (from Wheat Simply LIght Pepperidge Farm) shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp dried tarragon, crumbled good shopping list
How to make it
- WHITE SAUCE:
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over low heat. Sift in the flour and cook the roux , stirring rapidly until all mixed together.
- Add the milk in a whisking constantly until the roux is all smoothed out.
- Whisk in the dijon, Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes stirring constantly until its nicely thickened. Add more milk until you see a nice smooth consistency to your liking.
- BREAD CRUMBS:
- Grate about two slices of bread into crumbs. Remove any big bits and the crust.
- Mix crumbs well with nutmeg and tarragon
- Mix in 1/4 cup of grated cheddar for the topping.
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions and drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cheeses, white sauce, diced ham and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss noodles with the mix until evenly distributed. Add yogurt and mix to get things nicely creamy.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole, top with bread crumbs and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until nicely bubbly.
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!