Meat And Potato StewFrom april13 7 years ago
- 1 round steak; cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 8 Russet potatoes; peeled and cut in chunks shopping list
- 2 medium garlic cloves; minced or use garlic powder (enough to equal size of garlic cloves) shopping list
- 1 dash of cominos (cumin) shopping list
- 1 can tomato sauce - varies on how red of color you want stew shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- salt to season shopping list
- Flour shopping list
- water shopping list
- lemons shopping list
How to make it
- Cut meat into bite sized pieces.
- Put meat in oiled skillet (at least enough to fill 1/2 pan) and cook over medium heat. Once meat starts to brown (a few minutes) add salt for seasoning and add less than 1/4 c water; cover & stir occasionally.
- Once water evaporates, uncover and brown longer until thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat.
- Put cooked meat and peeled & cut potatoes in large part and add enough water to be level with top of meat & potatoes.
- Add garlic, cominos, generous amount of salt and tomato sauce.
- Cover pot and bring to medium high heat until it starts to boil; then lower to low heat until potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally. ***Be careful not to overcook or they will just be mush*** Remove from heat and uncover to prevent from overcooking itself.
- Add lemon juice for taste for personal bowl.
- ***you can add flour to meat while it's cooking right after you add the water or you can add flour after you add tomato sauce to make the sauce thicken.***