Lemony Chickpea Stir-fryFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoon ghee or extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- fine grain sea salt shopping list
- 1 small onion or a couple shallots, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (canned is fine, if you don't want to cook up a pot of dried chickpeas) shopping list
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped kale shopping list
- 2 small zucchini, chopped shopping list
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the ghee/olive oil In a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in a big pinch of salt, the onion, and chickpeas.
- Saute until the chickpeas are deeply golden and crusty.
- Stir in the tofu and cook just until the tofu is heated through, just a minute or so.
- Stir in the kale and cook for one minute more.
- Remove everything from the skillet onto a large plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining tablespoon of ghee/olive oil, add the zucchini and saute until it starts to take on a bit of color, two or three minutes.
- Add the chickpea mixture back to the skillet, and remove from heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest, taste, and season with a bit more salt if needed.
- Turn out onto a platter and serve family style.
- Servings 4
- 1 cups per serving
- calories 232.25
- fat 11.625
- carbs 31.25
- protein 19.85
- fiber 4.725
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!