White Chocolate And Mascarpone TartsFrom blackcupcake 5 years ago
- For the pastry shopping list
- •1¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling the dough shopping list
- •6 tbsp chilled butter shopping list
- •3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- •1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- For the filling shopping list
- •7oz (200g) white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- •1lb (450g) mascarpone shopping list
- •2/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- For the topping shopping list
- •about 4 cups raspberries, blueberries, and small strawberries shopping list
- •mint leaves and confectioner's sugar for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- To make the pastry, stir the flour and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the butter and rub it with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Mix the egg yolk with 3 tbsp cold water.
- Add the egg and process until the pastry draws together into a ball. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a 1/8 in (3mm) round circle and use to line six 4in (10cm) tart pans with removable bottoms. Prick all over. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line the dough with wax paper and fill with baking beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans and bake for 10 minutes more, until the crust is golden and crisp.
- Combine the white chocolate and ½ cup of the mascarpone in a heatproof bowl.
- Place over a saucepan of barely simmering water and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat. Add the remaining mascarpone and whisk briskly until smooth, then whisk in the cream.
- Spread in the tart shells.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, until softly set.
- Mound the berries on the tart.
- Garnish with mint leaves, sift with confectioner's sugar, and serve chilled.