Gluten Free Almond And Rice Flour Bread With Poppy SeedsFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1/2 c whole almonds, with skins shopping list
- 1 1/2 c brown rice flour shopping list
- 4 ts baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 ts salt shopping list
- 3 ts poppy seeds shopping list
- 1/2 c plain low-fat yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1 lg Whole egg shopping list
- 1 lg egg white white shopping list
- 2 tb vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter an 8 x 4inch loaf pan.
- Place almonds and 1/2 cup of the flour in bowl of a food processor and grind until a fine meal is formed++the flour will prevent the nuts from turning oily. Add remaining rice flour, the baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoons of the poppy seeds; process briefly. Combine yogurt, water, whole egg, egg white and oil in a 2-cup measuring cup. With processor motor running, pour liquid ingredients through feed tube over flour mixture, processing just long enough to mix. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining poppy seeds, and bake for 55 minutes. Turn out onto a rack to cool. (Bread slices best after several hours, or the next day). Makes one 18-ounce loaf (18 slices)
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!