Cheeseburger CalzonesFrom peggy_cookingfool 5 years ago
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I used spicy brown) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon instant onion flakes shopping list
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- sesame seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- *Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- *In a nonstick skillet cook the ground beef, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- *Stir in the ketchup, mustard and onion. Set aside.
- *In a medium bowl, stir the Bisquick with the boiling water until dough forms. (I started witha wooden spoon and then used my hands to form the dough).
- *Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Taking one at a time, lightly dust with Bisquick and roll out to a 6-7 inch circle. Place 1/4 of the cook ground beef on one side of the round to within a 1/2 inch. Top with some cheese. Fold dough in half, covering the filling. Roll the edges up together and crimp to seal. Transfer to baking sheet and continue with remaining 3 portions of dough.
- *Lightly beat the egg with the 1 tablespoon of water; making an egg wash. Brush each calzone with the egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- *Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until calzones are golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool for several minutes. Eat immediately or refrigerate for later.
- *This would be very good with a nice salad and some macaroni and cheese as a side.