Easy Vegan Spicy Black Bean BurgerFrom xjupiax 7 years ago
- 1 16 oz can o f black beans, drained, rinsed, dried shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Veganaise Mayo shopping list
- 8 jalapeno slices (mine were slices from the jar) shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 4 small to medium sized cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. egg replacer + 2 Tablespoons warm water (equivalent to one egg) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cumin shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick oats shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. salsa shopping list
- 1-2 Slices Vegan cheese ( I used grated Cheddar by Follow Your Heart ) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- tomato Slices shopping list
- Vegan Burger buns shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty. ( The trick is to start off with dryer beans so that your end mixture is not too wet ).
- In a food processor, finely chop the jalapeno, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Veganaise Mayo into the mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg replacer + water, chili powder, cumin.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed bean mixture. Mix in bread crumbs and oats until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into patties.
- Put patties into Freezer for at least and hour.
- Over low/medium heat, lightly spray pan with oil and cook patty on stove-top for aprox. 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cooked patty on bun with salsa, tomato slice and cheese...Enjoy!