Baked Chili Cheese SpreadFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 8 ounces diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 16 ounce jar salsa shopping list
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- tortilla chips or assorted crackers shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 then heavily grease bottom and side of spring form pan.
- Combine cornmeal and chili powder then sprinkle over side and bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder and cumin in large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Stir in chilies and 1/2 cup green onions then pour half of the batter into pan.
- Spoon 1 cup salsa on top of batter then sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Spread remaining batter on top of cheese then bake 55 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack then remove side of spring form pan.
- Spread remaining salsa on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.