Apricot Almond ChickenFrom RedHerring 9 years ago
- ½ cup lemon juice shopping list
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard (or whatever mustard you have) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- ½ teaspoon white pepper (black works, too) shopping list
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup apricot preserves or jam (try experimenting with other flavors) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, pepper, and ½ cup oil. Pour ½ cup marinade into a large re-sealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the preserves. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice.
The CookRedHerring Rexburg, ID
- Not added to any groups yet!