Grilled Steak Quesadillas with Tropical SalsaFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 2 fresh pineapple slices, cut 1/2-inch thick shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 8 small flour tortillas (6 to 7-inch diameter) shopping list
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Chef Harry's steak spice Rub shopping list
- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ shopping list
- Grilled Tropical salsa shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ shopping list
- Chef Harry's steak spice Rub shopping list
- Prep Time shopping list
- 5 minutes shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 8 Tbsp. paprika shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fine ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cumin shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- Instructions shopping list
- Combine ingredients for a bold blend of spices. shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle Chef Harry's Steak Spice Rub evenly over steak.
- Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices around steak. Grill steak, uncovered, 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple about 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Chop pineapple; place in small bowl. Add remaining Tropical Salsa ingredients; stir to combine. Season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Carve steak into thin slices; toss with cilantro and season with salt, as desired.
- Combine cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese in medium bowl. Spread 1 side of each tortilla with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Layer beans and steak slices evenly over 4 tortillas; top with remaining tortillas, cheese side down.
- Place quesadillas on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes per side or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned. Cut each quesadilla into quarters; serve with Tropical Salsa.
- Cook's Tip: One can (8 ounces) pineapple slices in juice, drained, may be substituted for fresh pineapple. Grill 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Sounds very good!pleclare in Framingham loved it
HAPPY "4Th"of July....!!!!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
OHHHHHHHHH YUMMY I LOVE THESE .......I COULD EAT THEM RIGHT NOW .....LOL
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!