Italian Round Steak Roll-upsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. beef round steak, cut 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 12 slices uncooked bacon shopping list
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried basil leaves shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 slices onion shopping list
- 1 large jar prepared spaghetti sauce shopping list
- string for tying steak rolls shopping list
How to make it
- Cut round steak into 4 rectangular pieces and pound with meat mallet to about 1/8-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, basil and oregano.
- Layer each piece of steak with 3 slices of bacon and one fourth of the bread crumb mixture. Starting at the wide end, roll steak jelly-roll fashion and tie with string.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic and onion until lightly browned. Add steak rolls and brown on all sides.
- Remove and place in a deep sauce pan or Dutch oven. Cover with the spaghetti sauce. Simmer at 300°F for 1-1/2 hours.
- To serve, remove string and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices and top with the sauce.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and crusty Italian bread.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!