Pumpkin Citrus Syrup CakeFrom meowpuss 7 years ago
- 250g butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 cup castor sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs separated shopping list
- 2 cups self raising flour shopping list
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin shopping list
- syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a deep 23 cm round cake pan, line base with paper.
- Cream the butter, rinds and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and beat until combined. transfer to a larger bowl.
- Stir in half the sifted flour with half the cold pumpkin, then stir in remaining flour and pumpkin.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form and fold through cake mixture. Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake in a medium oven (180) for around 1 hour.
- Pour hot syrup over hot cake and stand for 10 minutes before turning out to cool.
- To cook the syrup, combine all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over a low heat without boiling until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer for 2 minutes without stirring..