Banana Buttermilk Pancakes with Berry SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup granola shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached white flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 ripe bananas pureed shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs separated with whites whipped to medium peaks shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- Berry Sauce: shopping list
- 1/3 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup berry liquor shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients except whites then combine with dry ingredients.
- Stir in egg whites and stir gently until just combined being careful not to over mix.
- Cook in a lightly greased pan or griddle until small bubbles form on surface.
- Flip and brown the other side then top with butter and berry sauce.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of each berry then add orange juice and remaining berries to saucepan.
- Cook at a simmer for 15 minutes then add zest and honey.
- Simmer while stirring until blended then remove from heat and add liquor.
- Return to heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to 2 tablespoons cold water then stir until liquefied and add to pan.
- Stir constantly until thickened approximately 2 minutes then add reserved berries.
- Stir gently until it returns to a simmer then turn off heat and cool just until warm.
- Spoon over pancakes and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!