Luscious Baked Fruit CompoteFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- An hour (or more) before serving, put sour cream in a sauce boat from which it will be served, and pack the brown sugar on top of it.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Let it stand at room temperature.
- The sugar will melt and bubble on top of the cream.
- Drain all the fruit, reserving the juices mixed together.
- Gently mix all fruits, and put in a large, deep casserole dish.
- Fill the casserole 3/4 full with the blend of fruit juices.
- Dot with butter on top.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the fruit and juice is nicely hot.
- Serve hot, and pass the sour cream mixture to each person to top his or her portion.
- Be sure to dip down to the bottom to get both the cream and the brown sugar.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
oh my, this sounds very good!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Family Favorites141 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
A Fruity World45 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Original Recipes18 members
Easy Casseroles28 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES249 members