Tapioca Blackberry Lattice PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3-1/2 cups fresh blackberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup tapioca shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature shopping list
- Pie Dough: shopping list
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with a dash of cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine blackberries, tapioca, sugar and butter.
- Stir together and mush up some berries so mixture is juicy but still chunks of butter in mixture.
- Combine butter, salt and flour then cut flour into butter.
- Rub mixture through fingers until cornmeal consistency.
- Add water turning mixture so it comes together in a ball then chill at least 2 hours.
- Divide chilled dough into 2 portions with one portion being slightly larger than the other.
- Roll larger one on floured surface into 12” circle then place dough on 9” pie plate.
- Dough should be about 1/2" longer than top of plate then pour in berry mixture.
- Roll out second portion of dough and cut it into 1” strips.
- Place 5 strips across pie in one direction then weave in second set of strips.
- Fold bottom layer over top of lattice edges and crimp then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top.
- Bake on bottom rack for 10 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake 50 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
This Is A 10!goblue434 in Anniston loved it
Sounds heavenly! Can't wait to make it.dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
wow! gotta love it a true Chefs Delight! thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!