Scallops Au GratinFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 pound bay scallops shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded jarlsberg cheese shopping list
- 1/4 dry plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- lemon wedges for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 then melt 1 teaspoon butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add scallops, shallots and tarragon then sauté until scallops are translucent about 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a medium size bowl then add milk, wine and mustard to skillet.
- Bring to boiling then stir together cornstarch and water in a small cup and stir into skillet.
- Cook stirring until thickened then stir in cheese and add to scallops.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan, remaining 2 teaspoons butter, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Spoon scallop mixture into six ramekins or scallops shells then top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 13 minutes then serve with lemon wedges.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!