green chili cheese corn breadFrom maywest 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups of chopped, roasted green chiles (Anaheim or Hatch) (2 7-ounce cans of whole green chiles, drained, chopped) shopping list
- 1 cup corn (frozen is fine) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 8x12 inch baking dish.
- 2 In a large bowl mix the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar. Beat the sour cream and eggs to the butter sugar mixture. Add the milk and the dry ingredients, a third at a time and alternating wet/dry. Mix in the green chiles, corn, and shredded cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 3 Bake for 35 minutes, until top is browned, the center springs back when pressed down, and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool almost completely before serving.
The Cookmaywest Tangerine, FL
The Rating5 people
Fantastic! gotta love this recipe all the fire and delicous flavor thanks bunches Maywestmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds wonderful - can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the great post and high 5 to you!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
I think I'm going to try this this weekend, it sounds great! Thanks for the post.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!