Coriander and Ginger Chicken SticksFrom wrigggit 6 years ago
- 1 kg chicken breasts, halved lengthwise, cut across grain into 2cm wide strips shopping list
- 60mls coconut cream shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- cooked long grain rice, to serve shopping list
- steamed green beans, to serve shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 lemon grass stems, pale section only, chopped shopping list
- 3 fresh green chillies, halved and deseeded shopping list
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh coriander leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tbspns oil shopping list
How to make it
- Marinade: Place onion, lemon grass, chillies, ginger, garlic, coriander and fish sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer half the paste to a medium bowl, add the chicken and mix until well coated. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 mins to marinate.
- Add coconut cream to remaining marinade to make a sauce. Season with salt and pepper, cover and set aside.
- Preheat grill or medium high. Thread the chicken pieces onto 16 skewers.
- Cook on preheated bbq or grill, turning once during cooking, for 8-10 mins or until just cooked through.
- Serve immediately with the cooked rice and green beans and drizzled with the coconut sauce.
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!