Owens Short Ribs Braised In Jammin Java And Jerk SauceFrom marleycoffee 3 years ago
- * 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- * 4 large or 8 small short ribs shopping list
- * salt and pepper shopping list
- * 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- * 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- * 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- * 1 ½ cup of Jammin Java shopping list
- JERK SAUCE (not an igredient -the following ingredients make jerk sauce) shopping list
- * 1/2 cup ground allspice berries shopping list
- * 1/2+ cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- * 6 to 8 garlic cloves shopping list
- * 4 to 6 scotch bonnet peppers shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon ground thyme or 2 tablespoons thyme leaves shopping list
- * 2 bunches escallions (green onions) shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- * salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons soy sauce to moisten shopping list
- * 1 cup Jammin Java made with a French press shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place allspice, brown sugar, garlic, scotch bonnet peppers, thyme, scallions, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and soy sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 2. Marinate short ribs in sauce for an hour
- 3. In a heavy pot that can later be covered, drizzle oil. Over medium heat, brown ribs well, adjusting heat as necessary to get a dark crust. Remove them to a plate and turn heat to low.
- 4. In same pot, cook onions, garlic and 2 tlbs of jerk sauce stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 15 minutes. Add wine and Jammin Java and reduce over high heat by about half. Return ribs to pot, cover, and cook over low heat (or in a 300-degree oven) for 2 to 3 hours. Cook until very tender — beyond when meat falls off the bone — turning every hour or so. Taste and adjust seasoning and serve.
The Cookmarleycoffee Los Angeles, CA
The Rating5 people
great different recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
ohhhhhh yummy .... i love it
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!