Lemon cream pasta with mushroomsFrom pieplate 5 years ago
How to make it
- Start water boiling for pasta.
- Wash mushrooms, remove stems, and chop coarsely or slice fine.
- Melt 1 T butter in a saucepan big enough to hold the mushrooms, add mushrooms, and stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium heat until the mushrooms are cooked through, then uncover and cook over low heat until most of the juices have evaporated.
- Add pasta to boiling water and set timer (!)
- To the mushrooms, add the cream and the strip(s) of lemon zest. Simmer until the lemon zest is soft, about 6 min. Use more or less cream depending on how much everything has evaporated.
- When pasta is al dente, drain off all but 1/4 c water (can be a little less, but do leave some) and toss with the remaining 1 T butter.
- Combine with the lemon cream-mushroom sauce; serve when you are ready.
- This can be reheated in the micro-wave if the rest of the meal takes a while to prepare. Gently, of course.