Grilled Tandoori Fish And ChipsFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- Fish: shopping list
- 1-1/2 c plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 tsp ea. garlic paste,grated fresh ginger,paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp ea. currt powder,red chili powder,ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 (6oz) 3/4" thick tilapia,snaper or mahimahi fillets shopping list
- Chips: shopping list
- 2 (8oz) gearnet yams or sweet potatoes,halved lengthwise,cut in 3/4" wedges shopping list
- 2 Tbs ghee or unsalted butter,melted shopping list
- 1 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ea coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- olive oil for brushing shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl,whisk together yogurt,ginger,garlic paste,paprika ,curry powder,chili,cumin powder and salt. Remove 1 cup of mixture and reserve for serving.
- Place fillets in shallow dish and brush with remaining yogurt mixture to coat completely.. Cover,refrigerate 1 hour.
- Chips: Place yam wedges skin side down on large microwave-safe plate;cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high 3-1/2 to 4 mins or till almost tender;let cool.
- Heat outdoor grill on med-high.heat. Mix ghee,garam masala,salt and pepper in large bowl;add yam wedges and gently toss to coat.
- Remove fillets from marinade;wipe off excess. Brush the cooking grates with oil. Lightly brush fillets with oil. Grill fillets and yams (keeping grill closed as much as possible) until fish is opaque and still moist and yams lightly charred,6 to 8 mins,carefully turning fillets once when fish releases easily from grill pan and turning yam wedges as they brown. Serve with remaining yogurt mixture.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
Oh YEAH! You had my husband in mind when you posted this, didn't you?modelsmom in Worcester loved it
Made this last night and it was SO good! The fish wasn't thick enough, so we had to broil it instead (it would have fallen through the grate). The fillets did kind of fall apart, but it still tasted wonderful! Will definitely make this again soon.modelsmom in Worcester loved it