Peanut Butter Banana Napoleon With Rum SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 package puff pastry cut into rectangles shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- 1 ripe but firm banana cut in half shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra chunky peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rum shopping list
How to make it
- Place puff pastry rectangles onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash made of one egg and 1 teaspoon water beaten together.
- Bake rectangles at 400 until golden brown then cool completely.
- When rectangles are cool split in half and spread two the rectangles with peanut butter.
- Slice 1/2 of the banana in 8 pieces and place slices on top of both puff pastry rectangles.
- Spread with the peanut butter then place third puff pastry rectangle browned side up on top.
- In small sauté pan melt butter and briefly brown pecans.
- Add brown sugar and remaining banana sliced into coins and stir briefly to warm bananas.
- Carefully add rum and flambé then pour sauce over napoleon.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and mint sprigs.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!