Sweet Potato Pound Cake With Sweet Walnut SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups butter softened shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1 cup sweet potato purée shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Bake or boil sweet potatoes until soft then peel and purée pulp until smooth.
- Cream butter and sugar then add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla then combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with puree.
- Beat just until combined then pour into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes then cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks.
- Combine brown sugar, cream, syrup and butter in saucepan then bring to boil over medium heat.
- Stir constantly then reduce heat and cook and stir five minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts and vanilla then serve warm over cake slices.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!