Cream of Corn SoupFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 medium white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh nutmeg shopping list
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine corn and 1 cup milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes and press through a coarse sieve or food mill.
- Set aside the resulting liquid and discard the solids.
- Heat butter in a large heavy saucepan over moderate heat and sauté onion 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour to make a roux and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in reserved corn liquid, remaining milk and cream.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg then serve garnished with chives.