Chili Pepper Pork TenderloinFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 5 ancho chilies shopping list
- 2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, halved shopping list
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chilies cook 2 minutes turning frequently then remove from heat and cool.
- Discard stems and seeds then combine roasted chilies and boiling water then cover.
- Let stand for 20 minutes then drain well.
- Combine rehydrated chilies, broth and next 9 ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Cook chili paste in skillet over medium low heat until very thick about 8 minutes stirring often.
- Cool completely then trim fat from pork and slice lengthwise cutting to but not all the way.
- Open halves laying flat and place pork in rectangular baking dish and spread paste all over pork.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight then prepare grill.
- Remove pork from dish reserving chili paste and insert meat thermometer into thickest part.
- Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Brush with reserve chili paste often.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!