Zucchini and Parmesan Skillet CakeFrom peetabear 6 years ago
How to make it
- Very thinly slice zucchini crosswise with a mandoline or other manual slicer.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté zucchini and garlic, stirring, until zucchini is just beginning to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool 10 minutes.
- Add basil and salt and pepper to taste
- . Melt remaining tablespoon butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet and remove from heat.
- Arrange one fourth of zucchini mixture in a layer in skillet and sprinkle with one fourth of parmesan. Repeat layering 3 times.
- Cook skillet cake over moderate heat until bottom of cake is well browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Slide cake onto a large paper plate, then place skillet over cake and, holding plate firmly, invert cake back into skillet.
- Cook cake, shaking skillet frequently to prevent sticking, until underside is browned, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Slide cake onto a platter. Cut like a pizza.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!