Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipeFrom craigo 6 years ago
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple shopping list
- ½ cup butter. Cubed shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 ¾ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- •Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- •Drain pineapple well; reserve juice. Set aside.
- •11 tbsp of pineapple juice to, add water if not enough,set aside.
- •Dot a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with butter and sprinkle with the brown sugar
- •Layer pineapple evenly over butter and brown sugar
- • beat egg whites with 1 cup of the sugar in mixer, until soft peaks form.
- •In another bowl, beat egg yolks with the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, and lemon extract until yolks are slightly thickened.
- •Sift flour and baking powder
- •Add egg yolk mixture with the reserved juice into flour mixture
- fold in beaten egg whites.
- •Pour batter over pineapple topping.
- •Bake for 30 minutes, do the tooth pick test, inserted in the center of cake if it comes out clean it is done.
- •Cool in pan until warm.
- •Loosen sides of cake with knife; place serving tray over cake and turn over.
- Serve warm.
The Cookcraigo Kahului, HI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!