Mexican Spiced Pork Tenderloins with Sweet and Sour SauceFrom charrm1 5 years ago
- 3 pork tenderloins (375 g /12 oz each) shopping list
- sweet and sour sauce ingredients: shopping list
- 1 tbsp - 15 ml extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional) seeded and mnced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2/3 cup - 150 ml orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup - 75 ml lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup - 50 ml cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup - 50 ml fancy molasses shopping list
- 1/4 cup - 50 ml liquid honey shopping list
- Pinch of salt and pepper shopping list
- Ingredients for the cumin rub shopping list
- 1/4 cup - 50 ml cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 tsp - 10 ml peppercorns shopping list
- 1 tsp - 5 ml coarse salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp - 25 ml vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Directions for the sweet and sour sauce: In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry jalapeno pepper (if using) and garlic, stir-fry, until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add orange and lime juices and vinegar; bring to boil. Reduuce heat and simmer until reduced to 3/4 cup - 175 ml, about 10 minute. Remove from heat; stir in molasses, honey, salt and pepper. Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat to use.
- Directions for the cumin rub: In a small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium-low heat until aromatic and darkened, about 2 minutes. In clean coffee grinder, grind together cumin, pepper and salt until you get the texture of instanty coffee granules. Brush pork with oil; rub all with cumin misxture. Make-ahead: Place in shallow dish, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Place pork on greased BBQ grill over medium heat; close lid and gril for 10 minutes, turning with thongs when well grilled marked. Brush with 1/3 cup - 75 ml of the sauce; grill covered and turning often, until a mahogany brown color over medium heat but still slightly pink inside, about 5 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving with sauce. Makes about 8 servings.
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!