Coconut Croissant Bread PuddingFrom blondecajun 4 years ago
- 8 egg yolks shopping list
- 4 whole eggs shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salf shopping list
- 5 large croissant pastries shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut shopping list
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar, for dusting, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together egg yolks, eggs, milk, coconut milk, sugar, coconut extract, vanilla extract and salt.
- Coat a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut croissants in half horizontally. Place bottom halves, cut-side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, and coconut. Cover with top halves of croissants, cut-side down. Pour egg mixture over top. Top with baking sheet weighted down with cans so croissants get pressed down and submerged in liquid. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350. Remove baking sheet used as weight.
- Cover pudding loosely with foil. Place pudding in a larger pan on oven rack. Pour hot water into larger pan to reach depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Remove foil: bake an additional 30 minutes or until temperature registers 160F on an instant-read thermometer. Carefully remove dish to wire rack; cool slightly. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
The Cookblondecajun Prairieville, LA
The Rating3 people
A GREAT BIG "5"FORK!!!!! for this Delicious Recipe!
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
OMG !!! I LOVE BREAD PUDDINGS AND I LOVE COCONUT FANTASTIC!!!......YUMMMMM
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
great recipe..thank you for posting it...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!