Chipotle - Mango BBQ ChickenFrom blondecajun 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup mango, peeled, pitted, and roughly chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro (loose pack, not chopped, stems and all) shopping list
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus extra for the grill shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks, bone in, skin on shopping list
How to make it
- Put the mango, cilantro, chipotle, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of oil and salt and pepper in the food processor and puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add the chicken with half the mango mixture to a resealable plastic bag, and massage to coat the chicken with the sauce. Refrigerate at least 6 hours to marinate.
- Put the other half of the mango mixture into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until thick, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Set some of the simmered chipotle-mango sauce aside to serve on the side and baste the chicken every few minutes with the rest of the sauce.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat and brush with canola oil, remove the chicken from the marinade and put on grill
- Grill the chicken turning and basting about every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 25 mins. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the reserved mango sauce.
The Cookblondecajun Prairieville, LA
The Rating1 people
The Chipolte mango BBQ sauce is a winner. High 5! Sure its good on chicken but I can imagine it on a nice pork loin as well. A great condiment. Thank you.
I used two mangos. When I went to the step for "adjust seasoning" I could find ...more
This is very tasty. We used the broiler and I must say that didn't work out well as the marinade burnt black. Next time we'll try baking.
To let you know I have used this sauce in my Mango Sauced Chicken Salad and it was great
- Not added to any groups yet!