Mexican Chorizo noodle BowlFrom 26tri 7 years ago
- 1 lb uncooked chorizo sausage or hot italian sausage shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 14-ounce cans chicken or veg broth shopping list
- 2 cups salsa (I prefer the homemade stuff, but the stuff from the jar will do...oh yea, the chunkier the better) shopping list
- 1 or 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, drained and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin (my favorite) shopping list
- 10 ounces dried vermicelli or angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1 cup chopped zucchini shopping list
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella or asadero cheese shopping list
- 2/3 cup snipped fresh cilantro shopping list
- Fresh cilantro (for a garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Remove casing from chorizo if present. Crumble it then brown the chorizo with garlic in a 4-qt Dutch oven. Drain off the fat.
- Glug in the broth and salsa into the Dutch oven. Add the chipotle pepper, oregano, and cumin too and stir it up. Bring it to a boil then reduce the heat and let it simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and zucchini and let it simmer for another two or three minutes (stirring occasionally) until the pasta is tender but still firm.
- Remove the Dutch oven from heat and stir in 1/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese and cilantro.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish. Sprinkle on the last of the cheese and garnish with that sprig of cilantro.
- (620 cal, 36 g fat, 82 mg chol, 2129 mg sodium, 43g carbs, 3 g fiber, 30 g pro)