Apple pudding cakeFrom sufia 5 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup apple cider or apple juice shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sliced, peeled apples or shopping list
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced apples, drained* shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon imperials shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups apple cider or apple juice shopping list
How to make it
- In medium-size mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add oil, vanilla extract and the 1/3 cup apple cider or apple juice, mixing until smooth. Gently stir in apples and cinnamon imperials. Spread mixture evenly in a 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle remaining sugar over apple mixture. Carefully pour remaining 1 3/4 cups apple cider or apple juice over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 55 minutes or until cake is done. Cool slightly before serving with whipped topping or frozen yogurt, if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.
- Per Serving - 2/3 cup: 250 Calories, 1 g dietary fiber, 4 g fat, 124 mg sodium
- Microwave Method: Prepare according to above directions, spreading mixture in glass 8-inch square microwave-safe baking dish. Sprinkle remaining sugar over batter. Pour apple cider or apple juice over mixture. Cook on HIGH 12 minutes or until cake tests done, turning dish every 3 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
- Suggested apple varieties: Empire, Gala, Golden Delicious, Ida Red, Jonagold, Jonathan, McIntosh or Rome.
The Cooksufia JP, INDIA
The Rating3 people
This sounds yummy! Thanks fo rthe great post and 5 forks to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Another wonderful cake love the apples and apple cider YUMMY! gotta make this for sure high5 thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
That sounds really good!Thanks for the post!ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!