veggie burgersFrom sufia 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced chives shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence or other creole seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- hamburger buns, for serving shopping list
- Sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce leaves, pickles, avocado, etc., for garnishing, as desired shopping list
- Condiments for serving, such as ketchup or salsa, mayonnaise, mustard, as desired shopping list
How to make it
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and saut‚ the onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, and garlic until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the beans with the back of a fork. Stir in the cooled vegetables, egg mixture, chives, parsley, breadcrumbs, and seasonings and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 patties(parts). Wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- When ready to serve, heat the remaining olive oil in a large nonstick skillet and cook the burgers until golden on both sides and heated through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve hot, on lightly toasted buns, garnished with desired condiments
The Cooksufia JP, INDIA
- Not added to any groups yet!