Caramel Apple Pudding CakeFrom sufia 7 years ago
- 2 medium, tart cooking apples, such as shopping list
- Granny Smith or Jonathan, peeled, cored shopping list
- and thinly sliced (2 cups) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter shopping list
- whipped cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. Arrange apples in bottom of dish; sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Top evenly with raisins. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Add the milk, the 2 tablespoons melted butter and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in chopped pecans or walnuts. Spread the batter evenly over the apple mixture.
- In a small saucepan combine caramel topping, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter; bring to boiling. Pour caramel mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set in center. While warm, cut into squares, inverting each piece onto dessert plate. Spoon the caramel-apple mixture from bottom of pan over each piece.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.