Thai Pineapple Curry or Gang KuaFrom jencathen 7 years ago
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces) shopping list
- 1 lb. medium shrimp (raw and peeled) shopping list
- 1 can coconut cream shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk (don't use light) shopping list
- 1 14 oz can of diced pineapples in water or natural juices (drained) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp. concentrated tamarind juice (I combined 1 tbsp of tamarind concentrate with 1 tbsp of water) shopping list
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (use more if you want it spicier) shopping list
- jasmine rice cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Put coconut cream in a pot. I used my dutch oven and heat it on low. Add the paste and whisk it in until the sauce becomes pinkish in color. Bring to a low boil and add the chicken.
- Add fish sauce, pineapple, coconut milk, sugar and tamarind juice and cook for about 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes add your shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink. Don't overcook the shrimp because it will get chewy.
- Server over Jasmine rice.